The reference rules are available on the ACM's contest web site. All team members must bring valid student identification and coaches must be prepared to vouch for the team members' student status. The following are region-specific localisations of the rules:
- We will take a baccalaureate degree to be a four-year Honours degree. As such, the Honours year does not count as post-graduate study (a graduate degree, in American terminology), but rather as part of your bachelor's degree (undergraduate).
- Teams must be populated from a single university and must have a coach who is a faculty member or is appointed by the faculty member to act on the faculty member's behalf.
- The contest will last five(5) hours (not counting additional activities, which will be mandatory to qualify).
- There will be at least six(6) problems to be solved.
- Multiple teams may be entered by any given university. In the event that a location is oversubscribed (full), universities may be asked to prioritise their teams.
- Languages to be used will be C, C++, Java and Python (2 and 3).
- All contestants will be programming in a Unix (Linux) environment. This is to keep in line with the software used at the world finals.
Software Versions of Markers
The operating system used for marking and the Java, C\C++ and Python versions will be as close to the world final configuration available here.
The markers have been loaded with:
OS: Ubuntu (64-bit)
Languages: C/C++ gcc (Ubuntu 5.4.1-8ubuntu1) 5.4.1 20170304, Java: OpenJDK 1.8, Python 2.7.11+ and 3.5.3
Rules and Manuals
The 2017 contest rules and Abacus manual are available.
The schedule will be published closer to the contest. The contest usually commences at 8:30 UTC+2 with registration.
|9:00||Registered teams move to the competition area
Contest rules, Abacus manual and testing of logins
|9:15||Mock Contest begins|
|9:45||Mock Contest ends|
|10:00||2017 South African regional begins|
|15:00||2017 South African regional ends|
|15:30||Announcement of results|
The problem set for the 2017 South African regional contest will be posted after the contest has started.Mock Contest Problems 2017
|Mock contest problems for 2017 are here.|
|2017 contest problems are availabe here.|
The final standings for the 2017 contest will be published after a full audit of the results has been completed.
Final standing are available here.